First, a few shades.
This fabric was beautiful and easy to work with, and pleating it to pattern was a joy. Here is one of a group of shades for a teen's bedroom.
The light in this NYC apartment was softened and diffused with this embroidered linen. The fabric was difficult to work with because the motifs were not laid out on the yardage in the traditional manner. It took careful planning and confident cutting to get this shade made!
Old-school decorating with a classic Thibaut print! Sweet. I made the shade out of re-purposed drapery panels.
We didn't do a whole lot of pillows this autumn, but the ones that did come through were notable.
A gorgeous geometric print was perfect for a simple one-piece flanged pillow:
Hot velvets for a store display:
Very modern boxed rectangles:
An embroidered tablecloth re-purposed as pillows:
I learned the ladder stitch from the revered Penny Bruce of the UK when she held a full-day workshop on her workroom's high-end fabrication methods. Where has this stitch been all my life???
I finally mastered the art of the roman shade return flap:
Lastly, this crazy project. This bed is a full size. The company offers a complete all-in-one headboard-slipcover-bedskirt for this exact bed in a twin size, but not full size. The homeowner bought the twin slipcover, the designer ordered solid blue cotton duck, and crazy me cut the slipcover in half and inserted a band of blue to make it fit the larger bed. To my relief and astonishment, it fit perfectly!!!!! The solid blue is meant to pick up on the lampshades. You can't see in this photo, but there's contrast topstitching as well. And yes it IS all one piece! A bit much to fit under the sewing machine arm, but I did it! And yes I did a lot of reference marking and notching before slicing that thing up the middle.