THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Monday, April 29, 2013

What I've been up to

It's 24 days since I last posted!....  I thought I'd better get up to speed on what's been happening around here.
We just sent out 48 widths of drapery, 8 roman shades, 4 windows' worth of swags and jabots, and one valance for a whole house project being installed today.  On Thursday I'll be delivering pillow, bedding, etc, and the furniture will be in place, so that's when I'll take my photos.
Meanwhile here's part of another order being installed today- this little cutie of a shade designed by SuElyn Chase of Cottages 2 Castles.
Quilted silk, banding of white faille, and glass beads.














 The top of the board looks as pretty as the shade.













Flaps with buckram hide the mechanism.





The banding is turned to the back and hand-hemmed, and the weight bar, concealed in a fabric tube, is tacked to the shade at the bottommost ring with the ends tucked into the banding.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. I soooo soooooo love your work and am so inspired by your blog. I love this trim. Can you tell me where I can get some like it?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail! I appreciate your kind words more than you imagine!
      That trim is probably from Samuel and Sons- I'm 99% sure. The designers order fabrics and trims so I don't always know where they come from, but that one I'm prett sure.

      Delete
  2. Oh. I soooo soooooo love your work and am so inspired by your blog. I love this trim. Can you tell me where I can get some like it?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete