THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Thursday, June 20, 2013

And now for something different.....

Sometimes we get calls for interesting, one-of-a-kind projects, such as this request to repair an exquisite, hand-painted silk chuppah, about 9' long, in time for an upcoming wedding.  I snipped out a damaged section of silk, then Camille and I meticulously hand-sewed a new panel in its place.  It seemed overwhelming when we started, but once we got into the swing of it, it went easily if not quickly.  It turned out great, and actually was a real treat to work on!  These are the tiniest stitches I've ever made in my life! 
Here you can maybe see the eensy-weensy stitches.  Because this long side of the panel was not anchored to the lining, I made itty-bitty backstitches, for extra strength.  On the other long side the silk was secured to the lining and we were able to use a tiny blind stitch.

I took some close-ups of the beautiful painting for you to admire.  Mazel tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment