THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Unlined sheer hobbled shades with ladder tape

Ever since encased cord shroud tape became available, from Rowley, I've been using it very successfully for hobbled shades. 
But for these unlined semi-sheer hobbled shades, I wanted something that would not be so visible through the fabric.
Since the shades were so lightweight, I thought I could use ladder tape without rings, and it worked beautifully.  The shades raised up without any friction, and the folds readily stacked up on top of each other.  The scrunched up ladder is all but invisible through the fabric.
Designers Resource in Lodi NJ carries ladder tape in several colors, and this color blends perfectly with the fabric. 


I used my favorite thread- Coats Extra Strong Upholstery thread, which really is super extra strong, and also knots tightly without slipping.
Ladder tape would not be suitable for any but the lightest weight shades.  For lined shades I'll continue to use the encased cord shroud tape, as shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment