THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Up for air!!!!.......

This time of year is the busiest for most workrooms, with homeowners anxious to have new products in time for the holidays.  Some folks are showing off new homes, others are completing major renovations, and many are freshening up a room or two for entertaining. 
I'm sorry I've had little time to sit down here and post, but that's what it's like around here between Halloween and New Year's, and I'm not complaining!
On my last blog post, I mentioned that I had forgotten to take closeup photos of the beautiful mock hobbled valances we installed for Katherine Stern.  Katherine returned to the job site and was kind enough to take some good shots for me.
Scroll down to the previous post to read about the fabrication and installation of this project, and whole-room pictures.
See you again soon!  (sooner or later, that is.....)
The bay window, from underneath, the solar shades hidden.

Katherine wanted the folds to have a shingled look.
Rolled English bump helped the bottom of the folds kick out.
The ends were the hardest part due to the variation in the thickness of the bump inside the folds.

No comments:

Post a Comment