THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A motif that made its own border

Sometimes a pattern motif makes itself into a beautiful border.
For these shades, the designer left it up to me to decide on the ribbon placement.  It was total serendipity that the diamond shapes came right to the edge of the shades, so I could center them between the ribbon and the edge.  The shades are pleated to pattern, too!
After mitering the corners, I applied Dofix Bortenfix tape to the trim....
then fused it to the shade, starting at the bottom.
I use a separate square of Bortenfix tape in the corner so I have more control over its application.
After the trim is fused, I take small hand stitches in the outer corners to keep the fibers from straying.
For extra assurance, I apply a tiny dot of glue to hold down any loose fibers.
I hated to see these shades leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment