THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Purple Pleated Fab Fabric

If you didn't want purple draperies before, perhaps this fabric would change your mind.

Another completely awesome Bart Halpern pleated fabric, made up with fat, happy, double-topped pinch pleats.  All hand-sewn, and I found purple thread for the pleats that matched perfectly.

It turned out to be a dream to work with, though I have to say I was a little intimidated when I first saw it.  The yardage was stabilized on the back, unlike the brown sheer Bart Halpern from a couple of months ago.
I am just loving these bulky double-topped pleats, wrap-tacked around the front by hand, rather than stab-tacked through the sides of the pleat.
They are really dramatic in this taffeta-

and this heavy, slubby linen/cotton.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment