THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Multiples

So far this year we have had an amazing amount of "multiples" orders- a whole lot of the same shade, rather than just one or two.  Right now we're completing an order of 7 hobbled shades.  Two are 22" wide x 86" long, four are 42" wide x 67" long, and one is 118" wide x 43" long.

Here are the six smaller shades in various degrees of completion.  Everything is prepped- wood, ribs, weight bars, and Rollease clutches- now to just finish the sewing, mount, and string.

Some workrooms love multiples, others hate them.  I guess I like the fact that you can move an order along more quickly when you're making a lot out of the same fabric, but I hate the boredom that sets in after one or two are done and you still have six or seven to go.  Sometimes the boredom slows me down, like now, when I sit down at the computer.

Especially if they are all the same size, multiples allow for streamlined work techniques.  I love having my gridded canvas table for these: I draw all over it with my purple disappearing pen to indicate lines for cutting, pressing, and marking for lift line rows, so I can be sure they are all identical.

This second picture is from last week's multiple order- 8 identical flat Roman shades with blackout lining and ribs.  I ironed the fusible rib tape to the inside of the lining, 4 at a time, using a long straightedge as a guide.

No, I didn't take a picture of the final product- I had misplaced my camera.  I'll be at this house next week for a second wave of products, and I'll take pictures then, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. Are you using the Rowley encased lift cord as your spacing tape for hobbled shades? Do you pre-shrink the encased lift cord so the spacing doesn't change? I have a sample "non-compliant" flat backed hobbled shade made with Kwik Affix thread thru lining and was going to re-make it with the encased lift cord.....good idea?

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete