THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Friday, December 30, 2011

Fab Fabric Friday

It's been awhile since I made a dedicated effort to keep up with Fab Fabric Friday, but today I have a fab fabric in the house that I think will inspire me to reinstate the tradition.  It is Friday, isn't it?  I kind of lose track of the days during this week between holidays.

This fabric is "Richter" by Studio Bon Textiles.  Check out the website if you love contemporary prints.

Destined in this case to become Roman shades, this fabric is hand-printed and has lively visual movement.

One shade is wider than the width of fabric.  I mistrust my ability to join widths perfectly on a tricky print like this, so I'm glue-basting the seam before sewing.

The Studio Bon website shows five colorways but I think this red is the best. 

That red dye is beautifully printed on a very good linen-cotton, and the quality of both materials and process clearly shows.
And here's something you don't see very often: repeat information printed on the selvedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment