SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Friday, January 25, 2013

Fab Fabric Friday!

I've worked with both of these fabrics before, but here they are together on one job:

Woven leopard stripe: Malabar/Aqua from Colefax & Fowler; embroidered silk from Schumacher is Colette/Rose.
Let me backtrack.  Susan Marocco has been redesigning a master bedroom, every little detail from walls to fireplace.  Our contribution was shades and bedding.  Although there was  quite a crowd of people- plumbers, upholsterers, etc- working on their own projects in this as yet unfinished room, we managed to install our window treatments yesterday. 




The headboard hadn't been delivered yet, but we put the pillows on the bed just to admire them.

The tailored bedskirt was made from the same fabric as the shades.

Trims: Samuel & Sons.  Fabric:  Cowten & Tout Kelsey/Aqua.






Two bands were sewn together to create one trim for the bedskirt.

The hobbled shades were blackout-lined because the subtle woven pattern just washed out with sun shining through it. 

To make my cuts for the shades, I used the cut-off selvedge to create a mock-up of the folds, so the same motif would be placed identically on each fold.   I marked the motifs with Sharpie pen, and tape marks the areas I wanted featured on the folds.  I pinned each fold, to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.....

The last fold is actually a valance with returns, the pattern centered the same as the folds.  I mark the mock-up with explicit instructions to myself!   From planning to stapling, it's easy to forget my train of thought; this mock-up is more useful than a page of mysterious notes. 

Here you can sort of see how the top "fold" works for an outside mounted hobbled shade. 
Yes, there is lip cord at the top of the board.



No comments:

Post a Comment