THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Monday, November 11, 2013

Left to my own devices.....

....here's the sort of thing I might make for myself or for a friend or relative who shares my off-beat taste: as a matter of fact, I did make this, for our nephew's house.  They needed an inside mounted curtain for a doorway, so I rummaged through my fabric collection and found that this favorite embroidered cotton was perfect.
Happily, another awesome hoarded treasure worked wonderfully as a top band.  Folded in half lengthwise, the embroidered fabric was wide enough only if the selvedges were left on, so I ran rows of machine embroidery in complementary colors to fill in the wide solid area.  The selvedge had a natural fringe, which was very pretty and begged to be seen, so I left it on and did not turn it to the inside.  Lastly,  I raided my super-special trim drawer and found a little multicolored ribbon for small tabs.  This curtain always gets a lot of smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment