THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

That slanting fabric.....

I keep meaning to up on a project from the spring, draperies with a fabric that was woven with about a 4" slant.

 The vendor, Vaughn, had it sent off to Griswold in Rhode Island to attempt to stretch the pattern straight.  When I got it back, it had improved to within 1", so the decorator gave the go-ahead.
The decorator and homeowner were very happy with the outcome.  I can see the slant, but to a casual observer, I think it just looks natural.  These are flat panels with little channels for inserting the drapery hooks for the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment