THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shawl to Pillows

I was asked to cut up this amazing shawl and make it into pillows.  The 12" fringe was hopelessly tangled, and the client's decorating taste had moved on.
Since the shawl was a family heirloom, she wanted to preserve the memory in a form she could more easily use in her home.
Cutting this hole nearly killed me!
I love the border.  I wish the client had wanted it incorporated into the new pillows; oh well.
I wonder who wore it?
I

2 comments:

  1. That fabric is incredible. I agree with you on the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous fabric, I would have been a nervous wreck making that first cut.

    ReplyDelete