THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Window Treatment Emergencies!!!

We made this shade five years ago for the oldest daughter in this house, a middle school student.
Now she coming home from college for Thanksgiving.  A string had broken so we removed the shade, re-strung it, and put it back up so she'll have a working shade for her holiday at home.


How could the holiday be complete without this powder room valance installed on Thanksgiving Eve?  This is a traditional Kingston except that the fullness is gathered rather than pleated.
This homeowner bought the creamy white and minty green silk faille at the Brunschwig sale I went to two weekends ago, and- 10 days later- voila: a valance, interlined and trimmed with banding and tassel fringe.
There is a big fat roll of interlining padding the board between the bulky horns, to even out the top line.
I am so glad I do not install.  Look at the right side- that jabot is embarassing!  I just don't see it until the picture is up and the product is gone.  I can't dress window treatments.





Here is another Window Treatment Emergency:  fabric that had been back-ordered since July arrived last Friday, and today two valances and draperies are being installed.  This is super-simple and plain: just a flat piece of fabric pulled up with an adjustable loop, but something about the silhouette appeals to me.  I am sure I would like to see more- more- more what?  Shape, movement, detail- however, it's giving me ideas.




Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you're not having any holiday window treatment emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment