THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The showhouse- a preview

How about this amazing trim? 


When I saw the sample I wondered who makes it.


Actually, it turns out there are three separate trims, and we are creating it ourselves.  The loop gimp was adhered to the pleated silk band.

Then the tassel trim was glued to the back of the banding.

I'm afraid this multi-layered trim will have to be hand-sewn to the drapery, because it is really, really heavy.  I like to do hand-sewing during Yankees games.  Hey, there's a game this afternoon!  Guess what I'll be doing?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful soft blue, that would be a joy to sew. I love handsewing too, but not to baseball, I like to get a book on tape. Whatever you're making is going to be gorgeous with that trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite author to listen to is David Sedaris. He sure makes a tedious job feel like fun!
    I forgot to mention what this project is- draperies. Pics soon.

    ReplyDelete