THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Friday, March 11, 2016

Short Stories volume 1

Here are a bunch of short stories I thought I'd post one at a time, but they're that short I think I'll group a few together!

PINS IN 2" PLEATS
When will I ever remember that as adorable as a 2" long pleat is, it doesn't give much room to place a drapery pin???  We hung these sheers on a track with glides, and the header wasn't long enough to get the pin started low enough to bring the curtain high enough..... so the curtain didn't quite reach the ceiling, and it dragged on the floor.
I tried various pin sizes but none worked, so I put a little cable tie "spacer" to keep it from hiking all the way up- and that brought the drapery up just enough.

THREAD IN MY MAILBOX
How many of us have a mail server whose mom is a veteran quilter in her 80s, clearing out her stash?  Linda occasionally leaves me goodies from her mom, like these vintage cotton threads I found in my mailbox!

A TALE OF TWO QUEEN ANNES
One of my decorators wanted me to send her a photo of a Queen Anne Valance to see if that is the style she wanted for her granddaughter's room.  I sent her this pic which was taken at least 5-6 years ago:
To my astonishment, she called to say that the blue-yellow print was exactly the fabric she had chosen!  So she went ahead with the Queen Anne, but with a long point of about 24", and a beautiful tassel-on-lip-cord trim.  What are the chances?

I LOVE MY ZIPPER LADY ZIPPER COLORS!  PILLOW DAY......
Those are part of this group of "Pillow Day" pillows:

No comments:

Post a Comment