THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Indigo Dip-Dyed Shades

This order came with strict instructions on how to lay out the fabric for each shade.
The fabric is a beautiful dip-dyed-look linen that made my heart skip a beat.
The 4 shades are installed as 2 pairs, with the light side in the center of each pair, deepening outwards to that gorgeous blue.  I don't have photos of them in their new home, so this messy workroom shot will have to do.
 I had fun choosing which thread color to use for each column of lift lines.  I found 5 colors in my collection of buttonhole threads from Wawak.

The fabric grain was shifty but the weave was straight, so I basted along the board line before stapling.  I use masking tape to indicate which shade is which.  Did you notice in the photo above that the shades have "return flaps"- half of which match the pale side, and half of which are deep blue?


No comments:

Post a Comment