THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Sis Boom!

Today I played hooky from the workroom and went to the holiday sale event at Sis Boom in Wilton CT.  So, this is not a workroom post pe se, but, it was a fabric-related excursion, and it was so cool I have to share it!  Anything to do with fabric in any way eventually relates back to my workroom.
Jennifer Paganelli has been designing mouth-watering modern-retro fabrics that I've been admiring for ages, so I was determined to make it to her sale.  I first discovered her work when searching for interesting, alternative clothing sewing patterns, and found her blog.  I've been a fan ever since!  
For this event, her entire downstairs was transformed into a kaleidoscope of color and pattern: wonderful, fanciful, whimsical, and practical products made from her beautiful fabrics.  There was a sample section of dresses and skirts made with her clothing patterns; pillows, tassels, books and bags, quilt kits; original artwork; holiday decorations.......
 And did I say, fabric?  I came away with a collection of fat quarters, and tons of inspiration.  My mind is humming with ideas for ways to use these fabrics in my own work, and I'm looking forward to spending a few days- soon!- playing with these bright, cheerful patterns. 

I'll leave you with this: one of my very favorite things there- a pink Christmas tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment