THE BLOG IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH COMMENTS! SOMETIMES THEY DON’T GET PUBLISHED, AND WHEN THEY ARE I AM UNABLE TO REPLY TO THEM. IF THAT HAPPENS, JUST EMAIL ME AT stitchlore@gmail.com.

Looking for something specific? Check out the Topic Index, or the Search bar, just below, on the left.



Sorry about this problem!

SO.........WHAT ARE WE WORKING ON TODAY??

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow Day

            We woke up this morning to an unexpected flurry of snow.  The forecast was for a dusting.  Traffic in the tri-state area was congested for hours, so I decided to go to work later in the day.  It was a perfect time to take out my crochet project.
I haven't crocheted for a LONG time so I picked up this book, "Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs" by Edie Eckman and decided to tackle one motif a day.  That hasn't worked out quite that way; some days I do none, and other days I do three or four.
My goal is to make a throw with no two motifs the same- a freeform crochet project.  When I have enough, I'll join them- somehow.  
Since I'm at home, I can't upload any photos of the wool or my dozen or so completed motifs, because the little wire for my camera is at work.
I have a wonderful palette of yarns, mostly bought at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival, held every October in Rhinebeck NY.  Two of the merino wools are from sheep I actually met!- sadly I misplaced the paper on which I wrote their names.  They each are the natural brown of the animal. 
Besides the browns, I have several reds, one cotton and one merino; a pea green; a deep teal mohair/silk blend; a variegated brown-red-rose; some green-blue-violet silk ribbon; a variegated red nubby cotton; and a few novelty ribbony yarns.
My motifs are not coming out quite like the ones in the book's photos- but they're getting better.  If there is a step I don't understand, I just alter it to something simpler that I can do.
And THAT is why I chose a free-form project!




No comments:

Post a Comment